This 28 Storey mixed-use development on the Cape Town Foreshore precinct is the latest addition to
the city skyline. The building consists of:
- 3 level basement with parking and a fire protection installation.
- Ground floor retail level.
- 10 levels of parking (levels 2 – 11).
- 11 levels of A-grade office space (levels 12 – 22).
- 3 levels of apartments (levels 23 – 25).
- Roof to carry services (HVAC and water).
The structure consists of piled foundations, an RC core designed to brace the frame from seismic and
wind loading. The post-tensioned flat slabs provide an economical and fast construction solution.
The additional 3 apartment storeys at the top are designed as lightweight composite (steel and
concrete) construction. The structure is clad in a lightweight glass and aluminium façade to three sides
with the common boundary façade built in brickwork for fire protection. Kantey & Templer provided
structural, civil and traffic design services to this development.