Kantey & Templer has always been an equal opportunity employer and we continue to encourage all members of our staff (of which nearly 50% are from previously disadvantaged communities) to excel in their specific disciplines.
Updated 07 April 2021
Section: Structural Pietermaritzburg
Position: Structural Engineer/Technologist
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date Tuesday, 16th April 2021
Kantey & Templer Pietermaritzburg office are in the process of reviewing candidates to fill a Structural Engineer/Technologist role.
The candidate should be a Pietermaritzburg resident with contactable references.
- Experience: 3-5 years
- Civil Engineering degree or a Structural Technologist
Key performance areas:
Structural Engineer/Technologist to carry out Structural Inspections
Interact with client and prepare quotations for Structural Inspections.
- Visual Inspection of structures:
- Condition of masonry, structural steel, concrete and timber incl. crane gantries, building structural elements and support structures.
- To identify:
- Signs of loose, displaced or fallen material including inadequate design and mechanical damage.
- Structural cracks
- Ground movement/Settlements
- Signs of misuse or significant changes in the nature of the asset/components.
- Take pictures of defects and record them
- Assess if the main structural elements are sound
- Unpack all information obtained from site, compile structural reports and provide advice as to the cause of the defect and make recommendations of remedial work if required.
- Print the report for review and approval by Pr. Structural Engineer.
- Submit the report to the Clients representative.
- Manage the repair construction works on site including meetings and monthly claims
- Be comfortable working at heights and on cranes and factory roofs
- Be comfortable working in confined spaces
- Be comfortable working in dirty factory environments
- Be comfortable working in factory environments with potential hazards such as chemicals, fumes and noise etc.
- Strong team ethic
- Work under pressure
- Work independently
- Polite and professional demeanour
This position’s salary is commensurate with qualification and experience.
Submit CV’s for this post to Kevin Hohls at email address firstname.lastname@example.org with full school and academic records attached quoting ref – “KTPMB Structural Engineer/Technologist.”