Kantey & Templer has always been an equal opportunity employer and we continue to encourage all members of our staff (of which nearly 50% are from previously disadvantaged communities) to excel in their specific disciplines.
Updated 20 July 2021
Job Number 1
Section: Roads (Cape Town)
Position: Resident Engineer (Streetlight Maintenance Contract)
Start date: September 2021
Closing Date Friday, 04th June 2021
Kantey & Templer Cape Town office are in the process of reviewing candidates to fill a Position: Resident Engineer (Streetlight Maintenance Contract).
The candidate should have contactable references.
- Experience: 10 + Years
- BTech or BSc in electrical engineering.
- Professional registration with ECSA.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with exposure to Contract Administration and at least 5 years’ experience in streetlighting or commercial lighting.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook and MS Project.
- A valid code 08 driver’s license with own transport.
Personality Profile and skills:
- Good communication skills – graphic, written and
- Results orientated and target driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Sound financial and project management experience.
- Knowledge of OHS Act and construction regulations.
- Design background in lighting related projects.
- Good contractual background. Experience with the NEC4 contract documents would be beneficial, and more specifically the NEC4 Term Service Short Contract.
Key performance areas:
- The position entails the role of Resident Engineer (Client’s Agent’s Representative) on streetlight maintenance contracts to be managed from an office located within the Cape Town metropole.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake Resident Engineer’s duties as defined in the contract, which will include among other the following: -
- Overseeing the execution of the streetlight maintenance works to ensure compliance to the specifications and well as the contractual requirements.
- Issuing instructions to the Contractor.
- Checking and certifying monthly payment certificates.
- Checking and certifying monthly reports on local labour and targeted enterprises employed under the maintenance contract.
- Analyse on regular basis the final forecast cost and produce budget statements and cash flows.
- Provide technical input on the project to the head office based on conditions encountered on-site.
- Compilation of monthly reports and adhoc reports as needed.
- Attending technical and site meetings and keeping minutes of such meetings.
- Client and community liaison.
This position’s salary is commensurate with qualification and experience.
Submit CVs for this post to Illana Justus at email address email@example.com quoting ref – “KTCPT Roads.”